Through the generous support of the Gee Family Association, the CCAS supports Asian Studies majors and minors to pursue interdisciplinary academic research, internship or pre-professional work experience, cultural study opportunities, and community service projects. Most awards range from $1,000 to $1,500. Recipients are required to submit a report or presentation at the beginning of the semester immediately following completion of the funded project.
Competition for Spring Awards | November 1
Competition for Summer/Fall Awards | April 1
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Only Asian Studies majors and minors, not in their final semester, are eligible to apply for the AURA. In particular, the project must be completed before the student graduates. For example, a student graduating in May cannot apply for the AURA to conduct a project in the summer. Similarly, a student graduating in December cannot apply for the AURA to conduct a project in the spring.
- ONE PDF containing the following items:
- A one-page description of your project, explaining how it will contribute to your academic and professional goals
- A one-page outline of your budget, including a list of other sources of funding for which you have applied or will apply
- An unofficial copy of your Rice University transcript from Esther (NOT DegreeWorks)
- A two-page resume
- Have one letter of recommendation from a Rice University Asian Studies faculty member sent to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. The letter should address the intellectual merit of your proposal and discuss your academic qualifications. Note that you must request this letter from your recommender yourself as the system does not notify your recommender on your behalf.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.